Mission 3 – Programme Planning
Take the section’s programme ideas to a programme planning meeting.’
This mission is all about gathering programme ideas from young people and turning them into action. You will also learn how a Group and District operate, and potentially present new ideas to them.
This mission should include:
- asking the young people in the section to contribute their ideas to the programme
- capturing the ideas and suggestions from the young people and exploring how these could be incorporated into their programme.
- attending and contributing to a meeting (eg programme planning meeting, leaders’ meeting, District, County/ Region or Area meeting)
To complete this mission, you could:
- attend a section planning meeting
- plan and run a meeting (eg section planning forum or running activities from the YouShape resources)
- decide who should attend a meeting and invite them along
- organise and run a forum for the young people in your section, gathering their ideas and suggestions, and feeding these back to the section leader
- organise for someone to take notes, minutes or points of action
- plan and run the Sixers’ or Patrol Leaders’ forum, ensuring that the young people in the section
- understand how they can input their ideas into the section programme
- any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESLYL and SL