For additional information, please check the young leader handbook: scouts.org.uk/yl-handbook
- Module A: Prepare for take-off
Gives you the essential information you will need to perform your young leader role safely
- Module B: Taking the lead
Introduces you to the different concepts of leadership.
- Module C: That’s the way to do it!
Gives you a general understanding of how to successfully demonstrate and teach a variety of skills.
- Module D: Understanding behaviour
Gives you a basic understanding of the different behaviours that young people can display and explores some of the potential reasons underpinning those behaviours.
- Module E: Game on!
Gives you a good understanding of the importance of games in the section meeting.
- Module F: Making Scouting accessible and inclusive
Teaches you how to create an environment that is inclusive and welcoming for all young people in the section.
- Module G: What is a high quality programme?
Aims to provide you with the knowledge of what a high quality, balanced programme is and looks like for the section you support.
- Module H: Programme planning
Aims to provide you with the skills and understanding necessary to plan and run a balanced programme for their section over a three-month period
- Module I: What did they say?
Makes you aware of the importance of listening to the views of young people.
- Module J: Communicate it!
Investigates the importance of different communication styles and the impact that the way you communicate has on others.
- Module K: First aid masterclass
Ensures that you have the understanding and skills to take action in an emergency situation.